To Be Continued...
The site is relatively stable, so development has slowed but it is still ongoing. Updates are pushed to the site quickly when written, but you can also view the develpment branch of the site by specifying the 'dev' subdomain. Some things I'm thinking about adding are:
- More debugging code! Included the output in a block at the bottom or top rather than in-line
- Duplicate "items=*" for list pages. Currently this only works for articles (but I don't have enough to hit the page limit yet anyways).
- Code to interpret a "lang=" argument. I'm currently working to improve my French and translating the site might help build that skill. My French is still too bad to confidently add that. I also gave a decent effort to learning Esperanto and might translate things to that if I get really bored. This would require a separate "meta.php" and "content.php" file but other than that it would not be terribly difficult to select which file to load, fallback to English if necessary and suggest alternate languages on pages that provide it.
- For "offset=" greater than the number of elements in the array, correct to the total number minus the item count (or 0).
- Accept an offset equal to the section heading text. Determine the offset to that heading automatically. This would allow for easier linking to relevant content that will remain accurate if the index of that section changes.
- Optimize formatting in Firefox Reader View (I don't care about whatever browser you use).
- Set variables equal to the current article topic for easier internal linking. This would be easy, but it would also mean going through and updating all of my old hrefs. I'll probably stop being lazy after the heading text link feature gets added.
- Redirect non-existent "topic" to either applicable topic list with an error instead of to 404.
- Add a "Tag" system for filtering on the list.php pages.
- Add tags to articles so that the reader can find "similar" topics.
- Add link to the bottom of an article to the list of articles with the same tag.
- I've started tweeting occasionally and sometimes the tweets are related to other thoughts. I should add a simple way to embed tweets in articles.